Known Issue: “I Certify” field indicating “No” when Effort Certification is Certified

Known Issue: There are, as of March 1, 2023, two separate situations where the “I Certify” field on an Effort Certification will indicate “No.”

Time to Resolution: September 2023, tentatively.

Details: There are, as of March 1, 2023, two separate situations where the “I Certify” field on an Effort Certification will indicate “No.”

The first is a known issue with Workday. When an Employee as Self uses the Save for Later button on their Effort Certification and then submits to approve it, Workday incorrectly populates “No” in the “I Certify field.” Workday is currently testing a fix for this issue, which is tentatively scheduled to be implemented September 9, 2023.

The second situation is when a Grant Principal Investigator (PI) approves an Effort Certification for a non-faculty employee. In these situations, the Effort Certification will show as Certified, but the “I Certify” field indicates “No.” This is working as designed, and is not an error. This happens because a different business process step type had to be used to allow Grant PIs to approve non-faculty employees’ Effort Certifications, which does not update the “I Certify” field.

If an Effort Certification Status is Certified, it is approved.