Essentials for Department Payroll Processors
The following links provide guidance for department payroll processors running necessary functions in Workday, such as cut off dates, payroll reporting and delegating tasks when out of the office.
- Payroll Cutoff Dates
- Helpful Reports for Department Payroll Personnel
- Off-cycle Payroll Check Requests
- Constrained Proxy for Retroactive Payroll Reporting – What it is, and which reports it relates to
- Find The Next Steps in a Business Process Transaction
- Delegate your Workday inbox or individual tasks
Visit the Department Payroll Processors page on the Payroll website for more Payroll resources.
The Reporting in Workday Reference Guide includes information for:
- Reporting Dashboard Names
- Custom Report Abbreviations
- Helpful Reports by Security Groups/Roles and Workstream
Learn more about Workday’s Reporting functionality including how to run reports, favorite and schedule reports, and register for upcoming live sessions
Key HCM Processes Related to Payroll
Reviewing employees’ time worked
- Enter and Correct Time on Behalf of Employee an HR Partner or Timekeeper
- Approve Time as a Manager (Time Approver)
- Reports for Managing Missing, Not Submitted, or Unapproved Time and Time Off
- Monthly Mass Time Submission Process
- Issuing Temporary Payroll Processing Numbers (TPPNs) for New Hires
For additional information about Time and Leave and other HCM processes visit the Workday for Human Resources webpage.
Key Finance Processes Related to Payroll
- Assign Cost Allocation – applies to staff positions and setting up payroll
- Cost Share – Includes steps to setup a cost share on a Payroll Costing Allocation
- Create Payroll Accounting Adjustments
For more grants administration resources, visit the Workday for Faculty page.