Learn how to navigate around Workday, use the search box, access your My Tasks inbox, and submit tickets to the Workday Service Desk.
- Tools and Navigation
- Using Workday Search
- Access Workday My Tasks (Inbox) and Notifications
- How to Use the Workday Service Desk
Visit the Workday Service Desk to submit tickets or search the Knowledge Base
The following reference guides provide guidance for important Workday functionality, such as how to view the next steps in a business process, and delegate your tasks when you’re out of the office.
- Find The Next Steps in a Business Process Transaction
- Delegate your Workday inbox or individual tasks
- Workday Glossary
- Understand Security Roles
- Make a Security Request
- Approving Transactions
Important Security Based Activities in Workday
Learn about key Workday business processes and get links to guides, videos, and resources offered by Central Finance units and HRS.
Reporting in Workday
Learn how to get the most from your Reporting in Workday by running reports, how to add to favorites and scheduling.
For a list of all reports available to you in Workday, run the My Custom Report Library report.
Managing Key Grants Events
Visit the Sponsored Programs Services website for more resources.
Helpful Video Resources for PIs
- Principal Investigator Video Resources (Reference Guide with video links)
- Cost Determination Guidelines (session recording)
- Workday Reporting for Principal Investigators (session recording)
Effort Certification Resources
- View Grant Expenses for the Prior Month in Workday
- View Grant Available Balances in Workday
- Scheduling a Report to Review Grant Expenses for the Prior Month
- Scheduling a Report to View Grant Available Balances