Requesting non-travel cash advances

To ensure correct reporting on 1099 tax forms, it is important that stipends and non-travel cash advances be correctly processed in Workday.

When requesting cash advances for the purpose of distributing stipends, or for any purpose other than travel costs, employees should use the non-travel cash advance process, and ensure that advances are cleared using the correct coding in expense transfer journals.

Employees can review the non-travel cash advance process in this reference guide.

Travel-related advances should still be requested using the Spend Authorization process.