Reminders on Create Receipt (formerly known as Receiving & Delivery, or R&D) and processing invoices to expense to FY21
Preparing for fiscal year end? Here are some reminders on processing invoices to expense to FY21:
- WSU can only expense goods and services in fiscal year 2021 that were received and/or delivered in fiscal year 2021 (July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021).
- For goods or services received prior to close of business on or before June 30, the Create Receipt action in Workday may be taken as late as July 9, 2021.
- In Workday, Create Receipt functionality defaults to current date, but it will allow for back-dating to the date of actual receiving of the goods or services. If you received the good or service on or before June 30, 2021, enter the actual date received.
- Any Create Receipts that show a receiving date of July 1, 2021 or later will automatically expense to fiscal year 2022.
- The terms “receive” and “receiving” indicate the actual delivery of goods or services. Receipt or Create Receipt indicate the process of recording the receiving activity in Workday.