What is a Feature Release?
Workday delivers two mandatory updates, called Feature Releases, per year. Feature Releases may include:
- New features
- Enhancements to existing features, including user interface improvements
- New web services or updates to existing web services
- Bug fixes
Reference Guides will be updated to reflect any changes associated with the adoption of new features, such as changes to the Workday user interface, or changes to Business Process steps or workflow. If the adoption of a feature significantly impacts your duties, you will be notified ahead of the Release date.
NEXT FEATURE RELEASE: September 9-10, 2022
What to Expect
On the date of a Feature Release, Workday will be unavailable for a period of hours, usually overnight. You can view the hours Workday will be unavailable on the Workday Maintenance Schedule page.
Following the completion of a Feature Release, users will have access to a variety of new features. Check back for more information about features adopted by WSU!
Feature Release Updates
- New receipt scanning feature in Workday Mobile
- Workday revamps inbox with requested new features
- Updates to Global Navigation display
- Update makes org charts more accessible
- Spring Feature Release brings Workday updates
- Budget date field added to spend authorization
- Avoid new payee option in expense reports
- New Search Options for Grants Users
- Reports and tasks look different with Workday update