Across the University, a variety of important functions are performed on a daily basis, such as new employee recruitment, budget management, payroll, expense tracking, travel reimbursement, and effort certification. These tasks are performed using a variety of systems, platforms, and processes. As we look ahead, most of the business processes for finance, payroll, human resources, and grant administration will be performed in Workday. The items identified below represent the business functions that are considered in scope and out of scope for the project.
The following business functions are in the scope of the Modernization Initiative and will be transferred and/or performed in Workday:
- Absence Management
- Banking and Settlements
- Budgets and Expense Tracking
- Customer Accounts and Contracts
- Core HR, Recruiting, and Benefits
- Endowment Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Post-Award Grants Management
- Procurement and Supplier Accounts/Contracts
- Time Tracking
Out of Scope
These business functions are NOT in scope of the Modernization Initiative and will not be transferred or performed in Workday:
- Award Proposals. Pre-award grant activities will continue to be facilitated using the current MyResearch system.
- Skillsoft will not be replaced by Workday Learning for learning management at this time.
- Annual Performance reviews. Performance management is not in scope, including Activity Insights.
- Student Receivables will continue to be performed in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions/myWSU.