Workday will change the way reports are created and used at WSU. The finance and HR data you need for reporting will be in Workday, where reports can be generated, using the most recent and accurate data in real-time. Over time, the switch to Workday will help WSU departments and employees by providing accurate and timely data to support to promote better planning system-wide.
Below are several highlights to show how reporting at WSU will change with the implementation of Workday.
How does Workday reporting differ from previous reporting?
- Financial and HR data will be stored in Workday on launch.
- Users will no longer need to manage multiple outside systems and exports to create and manage reports. Instead, reporting will be available directly in Workday’s dashboards and reports.
- Users can refine reports from summaries down to specific details by filtering and sorting data, all in the same report. Reports will be interactive, and many can be accessed on mobile devices.
- Workday’s Foundation Data Model, or FDM, will replace WSU’s chart of accounts. This new reporting structure promotes consistent financial and human resource information for better reporting system-wide.
- Information in Workday updates in real time, meaning more accurate and up-to-date information. Transaction approvals and edits made in Workday will update right away, which means no more waiting overnight to run reports.
- The Business Objects data warehouse (Webi) will exist after Workday launches to allow users access to historical HR, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Users will be able to access and run delivered reports directly within Workday.
- Fiscal year data for 2021 will be half in Workday and half in the data warehouse (Webi) and legacy systems. This will require users to use multiple systems in order to meet business reporting needs.
- A full fiscal year of data won’t be available in Workday until July 1, 2022.
- Workday’s data structure is different than current systems we are used to.
- During the stabilization period, only Modernization staff will be responsible for creating and maintaining reports.
- Over the course of the first year, the Modernization team, in partnership with key stakeholders, will continue to expand Workday reporting functionality.
- Workday data will not be available in the data warehouse. Following the stabilization period, project leadership will evaluate a data warehouse solution and associated timeline.